Restylane®, Perlane®, and Juvederm®
Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Perlane® are the latest, most effective and extremely popular fillers. Biocompatible and minimally invasive, these dermatologic fillers are comprised of substances that are found naturally in the human body and do not require prior allergy testing. Hyaluronic acid is long-lasting (up to one year) and effective - these fillers help turn back the clock as facial fat migrates with age.
Common areas to inject include:
• Prominent nasolabial folds - The original indication for this product class. Central facial bones resorb as we age and upper fat pads of the cheek begin to droop, creating a cleft between the upper cheek and lip. Hyaluronic acid quickly returns shape and firmness to that facial contour.
• Prominent marionette lines – Lower fat pads also droop as we age, creating a cleft between the lower cheek and chin (think of a marionette puppet!). Hyaluronic acid plumps this area, yielding a smooth transition between cheek and chin, restoring balance to that facial contour.
• Soft jaw line: For those with rounded facial appearance, add volume to the lateral jawline to help strengthen facial angles.
• Thinning lips: Another one of our favorites! If you can’t find your upper lip when you smile, consider a lip plumping injection with hyaluronic acid. We accentuate the kissable parts like the “bell” of the lip (middle part) and the upper “cupid’s bow”.
• Scars and deeper wrinkles. Used heavily on the cheeks of patients with a long-standing history of severe, scarring acne.
• Sunken cheek bones (malar eminences): Lift cheekbones to give a youthful apple rounding or high cheek bone appearance.
• The undereye area: A common areas to inject for hallowed or sunken eyes, so called prominent “tear troughs”.
• Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty: Correcting small imperfections of the nose with injections.
If you feel even the slightest bit self-conscious about any part of your skin or face, schedule an appointment with a Dermatologist at our New York City or Brooklyn offices today and enjoy the benefits of loving your skin!